Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, March 1, 2010

Desiree Rogers Has Left The Building


I am NOT in a good mood today.Not because of this crazy weather in Birmingham. Not because of the dead period in sports(can't watch the NBA).Not even because of some things going on in my personal life. But it's because my girl has left the buiding. White House Social Secretary Desiree Rogers stepped down over the weekend. Ms. Rogers came under intense scrutiny back in November when a reality show couple made their way into a private dinner with the POTUS and Indian Prime Minister( can't remember his name).
It was her responsibilty to make sure the right people made it in and the wrong people were kept out. But she was inside kicking it and looking very good I might add.Many including myself,thought Ms.Rogers was starting to get caught up in the spotlight. Maybe she was or maybe she wasn't.But SURELY I didn't expect her to resign. After all,she wasn't someone who just happened to get a job at The White House. She and the Obamas were good friends,VERY good friends. Her ex-husband and Michelle's brother Craig played ball together at Princeton. They all were a very close group. I almost accepted this as a sister just making moves. But something just didn't sound right. So,I did a little research. It appears Ms.Rogers and Valerie Jarrett,the President's Senior Advisor and most trusted friend,were having "issues". Apparently,the magazine interviews and photo shoots Ms. Rogers was doing had began to rub some people in the administration the wrong way.So,to save face or (in my opinion)to keep from "having a word" with Valerie Jarrett,she resigned.
Umm, Mr.President or Mrs. First Lady or SOMEBODY better get this thing under control. Because when one of your closest friends "resigns" and she's replaced by someone who doesn't appear to have the cultural awareness that Ms. Rogers had, something's up. Are we no longer going to see the Poetry & Spoken Word night at the White House? Will Earth,Wind,and Fire now be replaced with Celine Dion as the live entertainment for events? Just thought I would ask. Oh well,I will miss reading your blog Ms. Rogers. And if I may say so,you are without a doubt,the most attractive 50 year old woman I've ever seen.
Best Wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment