Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, March 15, 2010

Should "Precious" Star Be Encouraged To Lose Weight?

*I promise this is the last free advertising space the movie "Precious" will get on this blog. Anymore advertising they need to cut me a check*

Sooooo,what do you think? C'mon,I know you have an opinion on this. Do you think she should? Well,DO YOU!?
You know what I'm talking about. Should she be "encouraged" to lose weight?
*thinking to myself*
Shouldn't she want to lose weight on her own?
*anyway*
What are your thoughts on the physical appeararnce of the new hollywood superstar?
I'm not going to throw insults her way like Howard Stern,Jamie Fox and others. But at age 26,shouldn't she drop a few lbs? If she's going to get better roles in Hollywood she BETTER drop some lbs. Yeah,I know "she's beautiful just the way she is" and "she shouldn't conform to Hollywood standards". Yeah,I know all of that,but can we be real? How many MEANINGFUL roles do you think she's going to get at this weight? How healthy of a lifestyle will she have? And how many guys will date her because they genuinely care about HER,as oppose to who she IS?
Don't look at me like that. I'm trying to have an open and honest conversation here. I'm just saying publicly what a lot of people are saying privately. I'm not trying to judge but if it were MY daughter,I would DEFINITELY encourage her to at least TRY to lose some weight.

1 comment:

  1. When an HBCU addressed the issue of young black people and weight, it was met with all kinds of criticism. I'm not sure why we as a race don't embrace a healthy lifestyle like we should in order to save ourselves from unnecessary health problems.

    ReplyDelete