Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, March 8, 2010

Mo'Nique Wins An Oscar


I'm not the biggest Mo'Nique fan in the world.I can't watch her show without turning the volume down or clicking on the mute button. I DID love her stand-up routine although I think the hypocrisy she displays is ridiculous. If you're going to call skinny women "evil" in an effort to make overweight women feel good.........
WAIT
Does OVERWEIGHT sound too harsh? Good,I didn't think so either.
*back to the blog*
If you're going to call skinny women "evil" because you want to make overweight women feel good about themselves. Cool,go ahead and do that.But don't turn around and go on a diet because you want to live a healthy lifestyle!!!
Although I still can't bring myself to watch "Precious',I congratulate Mo'Nique for winning an Oscar for best supporting actress. Maybe Hollywood will start giving more women who are not considered "the norm" a shot on the big screen. Sure there are many people who are upset that the two women celebrated in this movie don't look like Halle Berry. But when Halle won,those same people were complaining because she had to do a love scene with a white man to win an Oscar. Some of my people will never be satisfied.
So again,congrats Mo'Nique.

No comments:

Post a Comment