Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, March 1, 2010

The Return Of Freaknik


SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Pain and Lil Wayne have come up with the brilliant idea of resurrecting Freaknik.This travisty will take place the third weekend in April.I thought Lil Wayne was supposed to be locked up.Anyway,I can't believe this is actually going to take place. Some things are better off left alone. What started off as Black Greek Week in the late 80s slowly turned into one of the most outrageous,over the top,out of control events on the planet.....and I was right in the middle of it all. Not sure who renamed it Freaknik but it definitely lived up to it's name. My favorite year was 1994. And for the record that guy in the photo is NOT me in disguise. Ahhh,yes 1994,Freaknik that year was unbelieveable.The men were out of control,the women were out of control,the Nupes were DEFINITELY out of control,EVERYBODY was out of control.I would tell you some of the things I did and witnessed but I'm not sure if the statue of limitations are up....SERIOUSLY!!!! To say we did it all would be an understatement.....smh!!
The following year,I returned with a couple of my boys and we were just as out of control. Although it rained early Saturday morning and my boy Steve fell out the back of the van on the interstate that Friday night(long story),we still had fun.Oh don't feel sorry for Steve,he used the black eye and baddage on his face to his advantage the next day.OMG,the stories I could tell....lol. I also found out(to my surprise)the other two guys I went with,Mario & Dell were world famous photographers who specialized in evaluating talent of young women(don't ask).I think 96 was my last year and probably the last "GOOD" year of Freaknik. I remember nothing except I passed out at Dr.J's daughter house and Stanley was dancing. Next thing I knew,I was at my boy Robbie's crib snoring. Some of the things I witnessed throughout those 3-4 years,many people should have went to jail. I saw this one girl basically get raped in front of a police officer. He tried to call back-up but when it takes you 3 hours to go 1 mile,back-up ain't coming. I also saw this one girl and her friend take......well nevermind,you don't need to know that.But for the most part,no one got seriously injured,no one got shot and everyone had fun.
That was 15 years ago. So much has changed since then. Including the mentality of people in the age group that would attend. I don't think you would hear those type of stories.It's sad to say but I GUA-RAN-TEE you,you will be hearing about people getting shot,stabbed and raped. It may take the national guard to get it under control. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. And WHATEVER,y'all can stop giving me that look through the computer. Y'all know how crazy these kids are today. They're trigger happy and look at catching a case as a badge of honor. I'm just saying,this could get WAYYYYY out of hand. Plus,do we really need Freaknik in the Age of Obama?

1 comment:

  1. I've lived in and near Atlanta all my life and I'm saying NOOOOOOOOO to Freaknik. Atlanta is a much different city than what it was when Freaknik came every year.

    And you're right--you'd have all type of people coming. And as I've witnessed, country folk just don't know how to act when they get in the city:-)

    ReplyDelete