Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Friday, June 11, 2010

It's The Summer,Get Your Body Right!


Alright Board of Directors,as CEO of The Board Room,I'm giving you an assignment for the summer,GET YOUR BODY RIGHT!
"African American women have the highest rates of overweight and obesity compared to other groups."
Don't get mad and start sending me crazy emails and text messages. That report comes directly from minorityhealth.gov.
Personally,I think the report should include men too. Speaking of men,fellas,why do so many of us go to the gym and lift weights all day but can't run a mile on the treadmill?
We ALL must step our game up and I'm leading by example. A couple of months ago,I decided to transform my body. I started by doing 5 miles 3-4 days a week on the stationary bike and drinking 3 liters of water a day.I went from 165lbs to 149 lbs. Now that I've trimmed down,I'm about to add 10 lbs of muscle,and NOOOO I'm not using any of those GNC products either. Your boy has been hitting those weights pretty hard and now I'm starting to see some results.I still have a long way to go but I'm determined to get there. Pretty soon,I will reach my goal and have the look I'm shooting for.
Here's what I'm shooting for(without the sagging pants)

calm down ladies......lol
Seriously,that's the look I'm shooting for. I should have it by the time I hit the beach later this summer.
I know some of you are already trying to get your Michelle Obama Arms on.....lol. But everyone else,I challenge you to set a goal and work your behind off to reach it. Let me know how it turns out.

WE NEED A HEALTHY BOARD ROOM!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Much needed encouragement. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is working out and getting in shape apart of being healthy, but nutrition and eating healthy also goes hand in hand. We can't work out everyday and head over to McDonald, Krispy Kreme ( Yes, I know that HOT NOW sign can make you wreck your car….LOL), or Popeye’s Chicken & Biscuits and eat all those fatty, greasy, processed food, and then expect to loose the weight.
    Be smart about what you eat and you will see results.

    Check out the following articles. MSN has really great articles and info on healthy eating and loosing weight.


    http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100260178

    http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100251810&imageindex=1

    ReplyDelete