Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, June 28, 2010

Chris Brown,"Tears" and The BET Awards


Before I give my opinion on this Chris Brown "crying" incident,first things first. Between Prince getting the Lifetime Achievement Award and El Debarge shutting it down for the old heads,I think I can proclaim that LIGHT SKINNED BROTHAS ARE BACK!!!! Only thing missing was a performance from Al B.Sure to make it official!!!Speaking of performing,does anyone know why Prince didn't perform? And why did they let the Trey Songz dude butcher Purple Rain? That was horrible!!!!! Thankfully Aunt Pattie(Labelle) saved the day. Also,I could have done without the performance from the girl with the crazy haircut singing "Let's Go Crazy" but hey,that's just me.
One of my favorite moments of the night was the MJ Tribute. Normally,I immediately change the channel when someone does an MJ Tribute. But ONE-I couldn't take my eyes off of Jermaine's hair and TWO-when I realized it was Chris Brown,I KNEW it was going to be good. But I had no idea it was going to be THAT good. Dude did his thing!!!! He may be the most talented artist out there(well,besides Usher). Chris Brown was scheduled to do this tribute last year,but he was in hot water for beating the crap out of Rhianna. Dude beat this girl up BAD!!!!!! I'm sure you've seen the pictures and heard all the commentary. I'm sure you know he lost a lot of fans over that and rightfully so. He also lost a lot of money and endorsement deals. Having lost all of those things is what lead me to believe the tears were fake.
WAIT A MINUTE.......WAIT A MINUTE........CALM DOWN......CALM DOWN!!!!!
Before all of you Chris Brown fans blow a gasket and stop following this blog please understand. I don't think it's a bad thing to fake the tears. It's actually a smart business decision. You top off the performance of your career with what looks like a sincere breakdown(and it may have been sincere).You get back in good graces with the fans who left you a year ago,and you create a buzz.And in entertainment,we all know,creating a "buzz" means you're creating dollars. So I think it was a good thing for him,regardless if it was scripted or not. But pssst......between me and you,I think it WAS scripted.

1 comment:

  1. I did a post on tis at my blog too http://quelynninc.blogspot.com but from a different angle. I think it was a great performance and the issue goes beyond whether the tears were fake or not.

    Yes, Trey Songz butchered Purple Rain and that's probably why he got the side-eye from Prince. As far a the other lady that did "Let's Go Crazy" - I read that Prince hand-picked who he wanted to sing for him. (Which is another reason he was looking strange as Trey Songz knowing that Patti was supposed to do Purple Rain.) lol

    El Debarge took me waaaay back and I believe he had his personal comeback too. LOVED it!

    Your blog commentaries are always great, Mod! take care.

    ReplyDelete