Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Foolishness

Sorry I'm a day late,but Happy Father's Day to all the MEN out there. Notice the emphasis on MEN? I did that because I've noticed a trend on Father's Day over the last couple of years. Some women celebrate Father's Day too. Many feel because they are raising their children without any help from the dad,they are Mothers AND Fathers. That is a lie from the pit of hell. I sympathize with those of you who have to raise your children alone. I'm sure nothing is worst for a child to ask their mom,"Where is my daddy?" Or "Why my daddy won't call me?".I have too many friends whose children ask them that all the time and I KNOW it's painful. I wish I had the answer as to why a man would not want to see his children,I really do. But having said all of that,that STILL doesn't mean you are Mama AND Daddy. That just means,you are a single mother who had a child with a man that is a spineless coward.

I think it is sooooo direspectful that on the ONE day out of the year Father's are honored,some women choose to honor themselves as "FATHERS" instead of saluting the men who are in their children's lives. A man can NEVER fill the void of a mother and a woman can NEVER fill the void of a Father. So please stop with the "MOTHERS ARE FATHERS TOO" attitude because not only is it not true,it gives the impression to your child that men don't matter.I could REALLY go in on this one but I'm learning to control my tongue so I will stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment