Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Have You Heard of "My Princess Boy"?

Last week, I was watching CNN and this crazy woman Cheryl Kilodavis was on the Joy Behar Show talking about her "Princess Boy". It was one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time. This woman was allowing her 5 year old son to wear dresses and play with dolls. She was basically raising him as a girl because he would always ask to play with dolls and wear dresses. She said, "Kids should be able to express themselves and parents should support them at all costs.
"WOMAN PLEASE!!!!
When my son was 2 years old, he picked up a doll and wanted to play with it. I said, "Girls play with dolls and boys play with balls. If I ever catch you near a doll again, I'mma whoop your butt!"
And that was that.
Never again did my son think about touching a doll.
Where is the father?
Why is he cowering in a corner while his crazy wife parade his 5 year old son around on every talk show in America with a darn dress on? Has this country become so "sissified" (yes, I said sissified) , that parents are afraid to be parents?
I'm all for tolerance, to a certain extent. But this woman should be ashamed of herself for raising this boy as the little girl she never had.

1 comment:

  1. You asked the best question, "Where is the father?" Or, where are other male figures (grandfathers, uncles, or even male mentors)? Even as a mother she should have did like you and said to her son, "Girls play with dolls and boys play with balls" and left it as that... no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete