Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear Venus Williams, Enough Is Enough


This is what I saw when I turned on ESPN yesterday! This is Venus Williams in another one of her infamous outfits. Am I the only person tired of turning on the television and seeing this?
I know they're trying to make a "fashion statement" but my goodness:
Can we see something that looks halfway classy?
They're the only two sisters (black women) we see on the tennis court and it's a darn shame that everytime they're on television, they look like something that just stepped out of a strip club......a HOOD strip club at that!
I know some dudes find these outfits attractive, why, I don't know. But I wish someone would step to them and let them know that they're not only representing themselves, but (fairly or unfairly) they are representing all black women when they step on the court.

Just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment