Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Friday, January 28, 2011

Are Will and Jada "Pimping" Their Kids?


Pimping is a strong word but that's the word Terry McMillian used to descibe what Will and Jada Smith are doing to their children. I can't lie and say I haven't had the same thoughts,especially when their 10 year old daughter said this in an interview with a british newspaper last month:

   "I never really get to go to school because I am always on tour, or with my father. There is a titor most of the time, but usuallyI am working so I never get to do the lessons. The worst thing about math is all of the kids are ahead of because they go to school."

 Terry McMillan made the pimping comment when she was asked about Willow's new role as "Annie" in the upcoming film produced by her father Will Smith and Jay-Z. I think her point was, since Will owns the company that's producing the movie, he doesn't have to pay anyone else to play the role of "Annie", he can just use his daughter and the money will stay in house. Not sure about you but where I come from, that's called..........pimping (but on different level). Look, I have no problem with supporting your children and making sure they're living out their dreams, but shouldn't you send a message that education is important? Shouldn't you also try to keep them grounded and away from over-exposure?

Not saying I agree with Terry McMillian, but I understand where she was coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment