Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Friday, July 9, 2010

Can We Officially Stop With The LeBron/Jordan Comparisons?


Look at this picture.........LOOK AT IT!!!!! Does that not look weird to you? It does to me! It makes LeBron look like a role player,a second fiddle. It doesn't make him look like the second coming of Jordan. I'm excited to see LeBron join Wade and Bosh in Miami. I think they will win more than a few rings over the next couple of years. But I always thought LeBron would go down as the greatest player to ever play the game. I don't feel that way anymore. Sure,he will be one of the all time greats but leaving Cleveland to go join D.Wade's team to get a ring just doesn't sit right with me. Sure his owner is on crack. Sure he didn't have the pieces in place to win.But does anyone remember what some of those early Chicago Bulls teams looked like? Did Jordan say,"You know what, I want to win a championship so I'm going to Detroit"? NO,he made the owners bring in a new coach,a new GM and he continued to take his lumps while HIS team developed into champions.I know we live in a different time,a different era. I know they don't make basketball players like they used to. But I wish some of these young cats would study the old school. The competitive spirit in those guys simply wouldn't allow them to leave and join soneone else's team to get a championship. Not while in their mid 20s. Again,I hope LeBron gets all the rings he wants,but can we officially stop with the Jordan comparisons? Jordan allowed the rings to come to him,he didn't go to the rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment