Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Friday, July 23, 2010

Black Women & Breast Implants


So I was in the barber shop last week and the topic of black women getting breast implants came up. The conversation was VERY interesting,so much so that I had to bring it to The Board Room. The reason the topic came up is because there was a woman who brought her son in the barbershop to get him a haircut. One of the guys said,"Dang girl,you gaining weight"....SMH.......(that's another blog for another day). But she said,"No,I just got some implants." That's when things went WAYYYYYY left. The woman got so upset that she took her son and went elsewhere. After she left,we had a HEATED discussion about breast implants.
One thing became VERY clear. "Some" black men don't like black women with breast implants. Some said those women suffer from low self esteem. Others said they are trying to be like white women.I'm not sure if I agree with either of those statements.I know a few women who have implants and none of them fall into that catagory. But I DEFINITELY see the point the men were making. Most of those men and I think most black men prefer a black woman whose body is all natural. I mean,what's wrong with working with what you got? Even though what you got might not be a lot. Just curious,hope I get some feedback on this one.
*Before some of you hit my inbox or send me text messages,please understand,I'm not knocking it. It's your body and you're free to do as you please. But why do you think some women get them? Do you think it's self esteem issues?

2 comments:

  1. No, I dont think its a self esteem issue. Im a black woman who got a breast augmentation. I am also a mother who breast fed two babies and was no longer able to fill an A cup bra or find anything that fit properly in the chest. I did it to get my figure back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ibhave tattooed eyebrows do y not im a black female with two kids used to be a c cup now not even an a cup thi se same men will be the first to tell me put ya shirt back on honestly, trust im very beautiful but now with age and child baring my breast are not the best sagging and wrinkled im getting mine done yo mske me fillout my wardrobe again the same reason men spendmoney on a nice car tell them don't knock it everyone had a reason all in all somthing extra to make u feel good about life and yaself!

    ReplyDelete