Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The "Black Church" Is The Reason Black Women Are Single & Lonely"-SERIOUSLY!?



Before you read this blog,please check out the article on The Board Room facebook fan page.

Confession: I originally was going to post a long rant about this article. But after I finished,I looked at what I wrote and realized,an article like this isn't worth wasting energy to blog about. Don't get me wrong, I think this article is VERY disrespectful to me as a man and as a Christian,but I recognize,this is not my battle! It sounds like somebody had a VERY bad church experience. The person who wrote this article is as much of a relationship expert as I am a hair stylist. Her willingness to blame the "Black Church" would be funny if it wasn't so utterly ridiculous,and also if there weren't so many women who agreed with her. I'm willing to bet many of those women were single and lonely WAYYYYYY before they stepped foot inside anybody's church. Maybe they should do some soul searching and figure out what is it about them that keeps attracting "no good men".
In my opinion,she's using the "black women can't find a good man" card as an opportunity to take a swipe at Christians.That's the "in thing" to do nowadays,talk about "The Cheating Preacher" or "Why The Preacher Gotta Drive THAT Kind Of Car?" or my favorite "Pimps In The Pulpit". There recently was a time when I would get upset and debate people on this issue all day long. But I now recognize this battle is not mines. So for those of you who requested I blog about this article,thanks for the request but I'll pass on the debate(for now). Actually,this is nothing new,I see it everyday! People make remarks about how "the black church" is only concerned about becoming megas-churches and they don't do anything in the black community.....WHATEVA!!!!! People like this author won't comment on the "mega-church" who feeds 1,000 families or does a free gas giveaway for hundreds of people. They won't comment on the money that is raised to buy school supplies for kids going back to school or the all night Relay For Life campaign to raise money to help fight cancer. They won't comment on the church who donates money to help their members avoid foreclosure on their homes or pay their child's college tution. No,they would rather focus on this type of superficial stupid "stuff" instead. So,no this battle is not mines,therefore I will remain on the sideline "for now".

Sorry to disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment