Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, May 13, 2010

Teacher Beats 13 Year Old Student


You know,I WANT to be appalled and outraged at this video,I really do. But I have too many friends who work in the public school system. Some of the things they tell me about these kids and their aggressive behavior towards them,makes me look at this video a little different.I don't condone the beatdown. But if he said or did anything similar to some of the things I hear about,I can definitely understand.

DON'T CONDONE IT....but I understand!!


*I'm sure I'll get a lot of disagrees on this one*

3 comments:

  1. Children't are taught to respect teachers (or any adult for that matter) anymore. I know a lot of teachers and I sympathize with them. That being said, had that been my child being monkey-stomped like that the video making the rounds would be me kicking that teacher's butt up one hall and down the other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTF @ Treva! I would monkey-stomp that teacher with passion every day for the rest of my life. What gets me is that there were so many bystanders and no one intervened or went for help. You are right Mod... Kids are off the chain these days (I have stories for days). I have to have my emotions in check when I step in a school building...or else you'd see Youtube clips of me titled "School Psychologist Goes Postal!"

    :)
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete