Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, May 24, 2010

Georgia Teacher Allows Students To Dress Up In KKK Robes



Ooooooh,OK,I see where this is going. Last week in my home state of Alabama,a teacher allowed his students to discuss angles to take in a possible assassination of the President. Now,a teacher in Lumpkin County,Georgia allows her students to wear Klan outfits as a "history lesson". REALLY!? Ok first of all, I need to do one of those ancestry things,because I'm sure my ancestors were slaves on the land Mr.Lumpkin owned. I did a little research for this blog and found out Mr. Wilson Lumpkin owned a lot of land and slaves in the early 1800s.Sooooo,cut that check bro, reparations are due. Just kidding,not interested in reparations.But I do find it interesting that this country can cut checks for up to $1.6 Billion(with a B) for Japanese Americans after World War II but act like African Americans are suppose to shut up and forget about the contributions we made and lives we lost building this country. You know what? On second thought,I'm NOT kidding. Someone needs to cut me a check or deed me my 40 acres and you can keep that doggone mule. I'll take a BMW 760-thank you.
Back to the blog
It's obvious,especially in rural counties across the south that the comfort zone for racism has reached an all time high. Many of these small town people probably sit around and watch FOX "NEWS" all day. They probably believe Glenn Beck is a prophet and Barack Obama is a terrorist waiting to blow himself up in the White House in an act of Jihad. SERIOUSLY,some people actually believe that. I guess THIS is what that crazy lady from Alaska with the annoying voice and IQ of a doorknob calls "REAL AMERICA". Look here small town educators,I don't care if you were trying to "re-enact an event for your history class" or "teach your geometry class about lines and angles",your blatant racism will not go unchallenged and un-noticed.

Wonder if their parents noticed anything missing from their closets?

1 comment:

  1. So if it was ok for them to come to school in klan uniforms, would it be ok for black kids to show up dressed like the Black Panthers??!!!

    ReplyDelete