Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Board Room Weekend Topic

Welcome to THE BOARD ROOM weekend topic.
Topic this week
"DATING SOMEONE WITH DIFFERENT RELIGIOUS BELIEFS,CAN IT WORK?"

-First,my opinion
I don't think there is any possible way for it to succeed. Personally,I think if two people have different worship styles there is a possibilty of a conflict.
EXAMPLE: If I belong to a church where people like to dance and run around the church and you sit there with your arms folded telling me,"It don't take all of that",we got a problem.
*my bad just had a flashback* ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know everyone has their own way of worshipping but wouldn't you like to feel comfortable around your mate? I just feel religion is a MAJOR if not THE MAJOR part of a relationship. And if I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living GOD who died for my sins. If I believe he was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven to sit on the throne at the right hand of his Father and you don't believe "in all of that stuff",WE GOT A PROBLEM! Or if you are Muslim,Atheist or something else,then I don't care how attractive you are,or how well we vibe together,our relationship can't go any further. That's just MY opinion. Step to the mic and give me yours

1 comment:

  1. Mod, I agree with you 100%. A relationship with Jesus is of the utmost importance in relationships. Regardless of how people express their love for Christ be it singing, shouting, sobbing, dancing of doing back flips. There is nothing more special than seeing someone that you're in a relationship with worship and praise the Most High God that you also serve.

    For many singles, that needs to be the first thing they see (and attract to) as opposed to lips, hips, and thighs. Yes, physical attraction is important (as with your previous weekend topic), but a relationship with the Lord is far more important.

    Another great topic! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete