Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Sunday, May 2, 2010

Inventory Check (re-post)



*re-post from a couple of months ago*

When was the last time you did an INVENTORY CHECK?

Are there PEOPLE in your life clouding your judgement?

Are there THINGS in your life cluttering your space?

If so,why...

Why do we hang onto THINGS we have out grown?

Why do we hang onto PEOPLE we have out grown?

Better yet.....

Why do we hang onto to people that REFUSE TO GROW?

So many people including yours truly apsire to go to a higher level in life. As painful as it is,I realize eveyone can't go. Some people are still judging me by what I USED to do and who I USED to be. When I inform them I'm trying to do things different from what I've done in the past,then all of a sudden there's something wrong with ME. I love being asked "Oh,you think you're better than me?". I always respond by saying,"No,YOU don't think they're better than you". Unfortunately,it's not always just your friends either. Sometimes it's your family members. I've learned from experience that family members don't always have your best interest at heart.

I challenge everyone reading this blog to do an INVENTORY CHECK.I recently had to do one. Some of it was painful and some of it wasn't. But it was something I HAD to do,so I could be the best person I could be without my judgement being clouded. As you do your INVENTORY CHECK ask yourself this question.

Is this person/situation/friendship/relationship ADDING TO or SUBTRACTING FROM my life?

There's no in between,it's either one or the other. If you have to think about it the answer is obvious,THEY'RE NOT!! The challenge then becomes,do you have the will to make the decision to remove them. Even if it's temporary,can you do it? The more room you have in your life,the more space you have to grow.I challenge you to do an INVENTORY CHECK. If you decide to do it,please let me how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment