Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Board Room Weekend Topic



This past weekend,I started a new feature on The Board Room facebook fan page called "The Weekend Topic". I raise a topic on Friday,members comment on it over the weekend then I give my opinion on Sunday nights and we can discuss it.

This weekend's topic: Is It Possible To Fall In Or Out Of Love With Someone You're Not Physically Attracted To?

I don't know about you guys but it is impossible for me to date,let alone fall in love with someone I'm not attracted to. I was "scolded" for even bringing up this topic by someone who shall remain nameless. That person gave me a "lecture" on how shallow the question is and how many people fall in love with a person because of their personality. If you feel the same way,let me ask you what I asked her. Wasn't there something about their physical appearance that attracted you to them in the first place? Another thing,if you're not physically attracted to someone,can you really be 110% committed to that person? Can you really keep your eyes from roaming when the eye candy walks by? Yes ladies,I'm talking to you too. I know some of you are saying,"People shouldn't put so much emphasis on physical appearance." I can hear some of you saying through the computer screen,"It's the person on the inside that counts and not what they look like." Ummm,yea,OK!!!!
What you like may be different from the next person but NOBODY wants to date,marry and wake up to someone they can't stand to look at. I know several men and women who have ended their relationship or marriage because they were not attracted to their significant other.In most cases,that wasn't the main reason but it was right up there. That lack of attraction lead to infidelity. A few of them said the activity in the bedroom was suffering because of the lack of attraction. That's why I think it's impossible to seperate physical attraction and love. I'm sure some of you will disagree but I'm just giving my opinion.
I know,nobody wants to address these types of issues but that's what we do here in The Board Room. We discuss PUBLICLY what others discuss PRIVATELY. And privately,there are a lot of people who agree with me when I say a person's physcial appearance plays a major part in the relationship. So much so,that major decisions are made based on it.

*Next week,this will be done differently. I will blog about the topic on Friday so everyone can comment over the weekend.

Next Weekend's Topic: Dating Someone With Different Religious Beliefs,Can It Work?
-Some of you already know my take on that.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I logged into Facebook just to read your reply. Perhaps then, it may be easier for women to fall in love with a person they are not attracted to than for men. I noticed that men did not reply to your question on Facebook. (Interesting)

    Now, to take your question to the next level (and for me this is a personal one for my life)... but is it possible for someone to fall in or out of live with a person that has a physical ailment?

    I ask because of a physical condition I have that I have to walk on a cane temporarily (or maybe not temporarily). If a person can be turned off by physical looks, then perhaps it can/will be just as easy for them to be turned off because of a physical condition.

    Is it the same, or is "looks" different from a physical condition?

    BTW, this was a great topic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks for logging on for "little ol me"....lol. I'm not sure why men didn't reply to the question.
    You raise a good question and valid point.I think it depends on the person that's looking. It may not bother me the way it bothers him."Bother" may be the wrong word but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Some people may see your physical beauty and not even focus on your physical condition and vice versa.

    On surface this appears to be an easy topic to discuss until you actually think about the question and try to form an answer. Then it becomes a little more complicated. All I'm trying to say with this topic is,I think being physically attracted to your mate plays a major role.

    ReplyDelete