Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, December 20, 2010

A Secession Ball ? Seriously South Carolina ?

This is one of those rare occasions where I am speechless.
A Secession Ball??
For what?
Why?
What are you celebrating??
The fact that your state was so determined to have slaves that you suceeded from the Union?
I don't get it!
Has this what we've come to in this country?
Is this what Conservatives mean by "taking their country back"?
Is this where they want to take it back to?
Did the election of Barack Obama cause you to resurrect "The South Shall Rise Again" slogan?
I know it's a tough pill to swallow.
Someone who doesn't look like you can become President.
I know that threw you for a loop.
But THIS-THIS is ridiculous!
The NAACP is planning a protest, and that is fine.
But the way to let the "good people of South Carolina" know that this is unacceptable, is to hit them in their pocketbook.
I wish people would stop visiting the state.
I wish......I WISH.....football recruits would boycott attending any universities in the state.
I wish artist wouldn't do concerts or shows in the state.
I wish those type of things were done to make these people understand, they can not function as a state without the help of black people.
Ok, I'm running out of things to say!
Well, not really!
I'm running out of constructive things to say!
So I'll just keep quiet (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment