Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, December 18, 2010

Say It Ain't So Keri Hilson


I first heard of Keri Hilson a few years back on Timberland's debut album, Shock Treatment. Man, that album (CD) was off the chain. Since then, Ms. Hilson has done her thang on the music scene. Everytime I've seen her in a magazine or on an awards show, she has looked very classy and sexy too, if I may add.(picture on the right).
BUT NOW.....................
I don't know WHAT she's doing!
Now, Ms. Hilson has opted for a new look. She has,what the music industry likes to say "added an edge" to her image.(picture on the left). Her latest video had the internet buzzing because of it's sexual nature. Not that videos with sexual overtones are anything new, but it just didn't seem to fit Ms. Hilson.
This may have been Ms. Hilson's true image all along, but I don't like it. Maybe a few years ago when I was younger that may appeal to me but not now. Personally, I'm tired of attractive singers adding "a sexy edge" to their image to sell a few more records. That may help you short term, but your TALENT is what will sustain a career.
Thank God for the Jill Scott(s), Leela James(s), and Ledisi(s) of the world. They may not flaunt their sexiness all over the place, but to me, as a man, that's what makes them sexy.
Plus, "Dem guhls can sang shawty" (said in my Birmingham, Al. dirty south voice).

I hope somebody gets in Keri Hilson's ear before she commits career suicide and become just another cute face with a nice body trying to imitate a real artist.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, you were on it with this one. I was thinking the same thing about her. It is a shame that these artists don't trust their talent, but feel pressure to sell their bodies instead. Like you said, hopefully someone will whisper in her ear before it's too late.

    It's also really nice to hear a man say that he doesn't have to see EVERYTHING under your clothes to buy your cd. Nicely done, Moderick.

    ReplyDelete