Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Pastor In The News.......For The Wrong Reason


*taking a deep breath*
You know, I tried, I really tried to stay away from the "Pastors Gone Wild" news this year. Not because I'm afraid of judging them or anything like that. But at some point, all the piling on becomes a bit much. It amazes me how people love to talk about things like the Eddie Long scandal but never talk about the Pastors who are practicing what they're preaching. Speaking of Eddie Long......If he was so adamant about "having his day in court" to defend himself, then why in the world is he trying to settle out of court? I have a few friends who are members at New Birth and I have heard them on several ocassions call themselves "Sons of the Bishop". Man.......don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about.
Have you guys heard about this woman out in Texas?
Her name is Pastor Sandy McGriff. She is accused of breaking into a church members house and stealing some of their stuff.
Her reason?
She claimed that she just happened to be in the area, saw two men on the side of the house, saw a broken window and decided to do something about it. So instead of calling 911, she went into the house, took a couple of fur coats and a laptop so that the crooks wouldn't steal it.
*BLANK STARE*
Ummm........ok........sure!!!!!!!!!
I've heard of some crazy excuses but this one takes the cake. Look, I don't know what's going on in this season where Pastors and leaders of churches are acting as if they aren't going to be held to a higher accountabilty for their actions. But I do know, people need to really examine who they sit up under. I understand, everybody has a past and everybody makes mistakes, but this has got to stop, soon.

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable! On another note, oh please get started. What exactly are Sons of the Bishop?

    ReplyDelete