Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, April 22, 2010

Here We Go Again

After my post back in January about "Why Black Women Can't Find A Good Man" also known as "The New Pimp Game",I promised not to post anything about this subject again.I lost a couple of friends,facebook friends,women left my fan page,women stopped following this blog and many people were "appalled" by my stance on this subject.*like I care*
*side note*
Part of the problem is many women aren't used to men voicing their disagreements.I fault weak,fake men for that.Stop saying what you think women want to hear and say what you believe. Trust me,you will earn more respect that way.
*back to the post*
I promised not to touch this subject again. HOWEVER,after watching this piece on ABC,I couldn't resist.I thank Hill Harper and Steve Harvey(on Part2)for speaking for most men.I may not always agree with Steve and his relationship advice,but he does keep it 100.
Oh well,watch the videos and feel free to comment if you want. But let me give my two cents BRIEFLY!
Sherri Sheppard is "looney tune"!!!!!!!!
She thinks she's going to find a MAN who is cool with watching her take off her wig then help take her cornrows out? On a regular basis!? SERIOUSLY!? Not in MY DNA!! Maybe that way of thinking is why she's divorced now......Hmmmm......
And Jacque Reid,well I really don't have that much to say about Jacque except that Jacque has had several relationships over the past couple of years. At what point does she look in the mirror for the failures of those relationships?
OH AND ANOTHER THING!
Ladies there's nothing wrong with having standards,just remember,more and more men are setting their standards very high as well.But I promised I would be brief,so I digress.Would hate to have some of you stop following this blog because of what I might say. Anyway,watch and give me some feedback
Part 1

Part 2


This clip is a MUST SEE. Hill Harper calls Sherri out for passing on him back in the day!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mod...you have me giggling! I try to stay away from the topic as much as possible because I have a few girlfriends that are single and REALLY wanting to mingle, and they are extremely passionate (pitbull-like) about why they can't find a decent Black man. Sigh... I guess I think like a man. Just had this conversation with my husband last night as we watched the show. At some point....we women have to take ownership for what we encounter. What drove the point home to me was when Hill and Sherri discussed how she dissed him back in the day when he was up can coming and didn't have a car. That's the fundamental problem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree G! There are MANY women who have done what Sherri did. But I again,I digress from commenting too much......lol. But I think you ,i and your husband are on the same page. Again,I go back to Jacque Reid. If there's a problem with every man you've dated over the past couple of years,it ain't the men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a good man. His name is Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @G ,I just posted that clip you were talking about. The look on her face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched this on nightline and I must say I think it was a bunch of crap! There are so many reasons as to why so many of us are single and in many cases each reason is specific to the person. For instance, I honestly believe I'm single because I go after the wrong type of guys! Sad but true. It took me awhile to finally realize that but hey better late than never. It's almost as if people just want to pat us on the head and say "awww poor little single black girl" please! I'll be ok...trust! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched this Nightline episode as well. I think there are a variety of reasons you could point to as the reason someone is single, but at some point you have to look at the part you play in all of it. When I saw Hill discussing Sherri dissing him, the only thing I could think of is that we need to be the type of person we are looking for. A lot of times women have this long list of qualities we want in a man, but don't have most of them ourselves. Just like Sherri saying Hill didn't have a car....well neither did she, she was riding the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But at what point/age do men decide to stop being deceitful and dishonest?

    ReplyDelete