Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chrisette Michele Shaves Her Head



Chrisette Michele
“I was tired of black sista’s feeling subject to having their hair pressed and straightened, and damaged, with relaxers, and heat. So I wanted to make short and nappy hair fashionable, and let the industry know that there is nothing wrong with the texture that we have been born with. So I plan to grow it out to the big beautiful nappy hair that I have.”

As if I needed another reason to love this woman.
I think it's so incredibly attractive that a woman in her position(or ANY position) has the courage to shave her hair,OFF! Sure,this picture shows her rocking the Amber Rose cut,but I saw a picture where she was BALD-bald. A move like this exudes confidence and confidence is part of an overall ambiance a woman gives off that makes her attractive. Chrisette is in an industry that nowadays bases the success or failure of an artist off of their PHYSICAL appearance. It helps that she can sing,because if she couldn't,this could possibly be career suicide.I bet you won't see Ciara shaving HER head anytime soon.
I wonder how many of you would do this without worrying what people would think? I dare to say,not many!!
But hold up ladies!!!
Before you get any crazy ideas about heading to your local barber,please make sure that this look would look good on YOU! Everybody can't rock the Amber Rose.......correction.......CHRISETTE MICHELE look. But I will say,most men,REAL men value a woman who can make this move over a woman who rocks weave flowing down her back. Not knocking you all who wear the weave flowing down your back.I know some of you do it because it helps your hair grow faster(or so I heard). But,I'm just saying,sometimes it helps when a woman is "NOT HER HAIR". Just do what makes YOU feel good. I've said this before and I'll say it again. There's nothing like a woman who enters a room knowing she's the most beautiful woman in the room. She doesn't have to tell anyone and no one has to tell her. She just FEELS she is(even if she isn't). And to ME,that's a good look.

1 comment:

  1. I made the decision to go natural and cut my hair several years back. Since then I hear so many women say they love my cut and wish they had the confidence to do it. I find it amazing how many women hide behind their hair.

    ReplyDelete