Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Black Reality Shows on VH-1


FINALLY!!!!
VH-1 has decided to go in a different direction when it comes to black women and reality shows. Although this is a GREAT move,many(including myself) are predicting their ratings will suffer because of the change.Society(ESPECIALLY OUR PEOPLE)enjoy watching the foolishness instead. Don't believe me? Look at the ratings for "I Love New York","For The Love of Ray J" and THIS mess.

Shaunie O'Neal(Shaq's ex wife),Chilli(from TLC)and Holly Robinson-Peete,who will bring much needed attention to Autism, will be part of the new line up. Shows like Fantasia and "Let's Talk About Pep" will be back for another season.I'm still not sold on "Let's Talk About Pep". I think the concept is ok,but is it me or does it seem like Pep looks desperate when it comes to dating? Honestly,I would love to watch the transformation of Salt instead of watching Pepa(that's another blog for another day).
And why does the other lady always end up sleeping with some dude?
And,why does Jacque Reid INSIST on getting married in the first 6 months of a relationship? Can you answer that for me Jacque?
(I invited her to view my blog and she said she would).Hopefully she reads this and will respond.
Regardless of the new line up. Regardless if I agree or disagree with "Let's Talk About Pep". It's just good to see beautiful,successful sisters on the screen doing their thing. Thank you VH-1,Centric and TV One for trying to provide us with quality Black Entertainment on Television.

*UPDATE* *UPDATE* *UPDATE*
SUNDAY APRIL 11th @ 8:30 PM
AFTER SEEING PREVIEWS OF SOME OF THESE SHOWS,THEY ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHERS. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT DOING RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING THIS BLOG.

Thanks Dea,for the heads up!!

8 comments:

  1. I watched the trailer to "Basketball Wives" and there really is not that much difference from the women on "Flava for Love" with the exception that these women already have (or had had) their men. The seem to argue, fuss, fight, and show that they really are just like the men - in the sense that they are from urban communities and struck it rich through their men. Some are not articulate and some are just down right "ghetto."

    If I had to choose, I'd much rather watch "Let's Talk About Pep" than "Basketball Wives" for the simple reason that the former at least shows women who are independently wealthy and/or successful in their own rights.

    I do agree, I'd much rather see a show about Salt's transformation. But she's already "transformed" so in the eyes of secular TV her life would seem boring. And that's a sad truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought "Basketball Wives" was about Shaunie O'Neal and HER ordeal with groupies chasing Shaq. I thought there would be other NBA Wives who were trying to hold their families together.At least that's how I "thought" I heard it on the Tom Joyner Morning Show.
    That IS a sad truth about Salt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See if you can catch it on YouTube and what the trailer. Perhaps it's supposed to be about Shaune O'Neal's ordeal, but it does not seem that way. Plus, the trailer I saw she was not in it that much. They were cursing each other and a couple of times they got so heated, a couple of them threw drinks in the other's face. I'm going to watch one episode to see what it's all about, but the trailer did not grab me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooooooo......I hope they don't air that,especially after many black sites,radio shows(and this blog) have been promoting the positive direction they have taken. Ok, let me get to youtubing(is that a word).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dea,you were right! Thanks for the heads up. After watching the trailers I updated the blog.

    ReplyDelete