Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, February 1, 2012

There's Only ONE King!


You know, I tried, I really tried to stay away from this Eddie Long thing.
Seriously, you don't know how many times I got ready to post a blog and decided to delete it.
I started to post something about the boys he was accused of sleeping with, but I deleted it.
I started to post something about a ceremony I saw online where he made his "spiritual sons" take an oath
of loyalty, but I deleted it.
I started to post something about his wife wanting a divorce,
but I deleted that too.
But when I saw a video of this man being crowned a KING.................
Well, I couldn't bite my tongue any longer.

"Watch This"

*long pause*, *deep sigh*
As I've grown closer to God and more confident in my walk with Him, I've become less tolerant of "church".
Not the physical place, but the extra stuff that takes place, that has nothing to do with God.
I love my church, my church family and my pastor.
But I love God more!
And if THIS happened while I was sitting in the congregation,
I wouldn't walk out.......
I would RUN out of my church! 
All of this new age stuff thats taking place in the church.......
Serving.........
Idolizing.......
Worshipping.........and now,
Crowning MEN as Kings has gotten completely out of control!
I understand we should respect and honor our Men of God...........
I understand we should want them to prosper.............,
I understand all of that!
But what I don't understand is how did we get to a point where we allow something like this to take place, and nobody says anything about it?
Sure, the church critics, websites and blogs are going to say something about it.
But I don't pay those clowns any attention!
They're always complaining about something that's going on in the church.
The only religious website or blog that I read or subscribe to is
The Old Black Church (click on the link)
But why aren't people in the Body of Christ speaking out on this?
Why aren't members of New Birth speaking out on this?
Why aren't other Pastors and Bishops speaking out on this?
Oh I forgot, they're not speaking out because they don't want to
"Put their mouth on a Man of God" !
But that's the problem.
That type of passive behavior..........
That type of attitude, is what has allowed this type of foolishness to spread throughout our churches.

People it's time to wake up and stop playing with God !

There's only one King and his name is NOT Eddie Long!

2 comments:

  1. IT IS FOR THIS REASON I have a VERY HARD time returning to "church". I am sooo sick and tired of feeling like I am entering an EVENT that for entertainment purposes versus edifying my spirit. I am sick of people playing with GOD and it makes it hard for someone like me to even try to fellowship with other "Christians". You are right MOD there is only one KING of Kings and LORD of Lord and his name is JESUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is truly disgusting and appalling...and the people cheer...totally vomitous

    i'm part of a fellowship specifically trying to change this and other unGodly behavior...the following shows some of the goals of this group...(copied from the homepage of the website)


    What Makes Us Different...

    100% Volunteer (Click to Learn More)
    NO Hierarchy (Click to Learn More)
    All Finances Public (Click to Learn More)
    Online & Local Fellowship (Click to Learn More)
    Preach & Practice Biblical Salvation (Click to Learn More)
    Worldwide Fellowship (Click to Learn More)
    Connected Family (Click to Learn More)
    Under God Alone (Click to Learn More)
    Influential in All Areas of Life (Click to Learn More)

    i hope people will explore this fellowship and escape the falsehood that is so prevalent...thank you again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete