Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, February 13, 2012

Whitney!


There are superstars
And then there are superstars that all you have to do is say their first name:
Anita
Patti
Frankie
Stevie
The list goes on and on.
But there are very few of those superstars that redefined the music industry:
Michael
Prince
And yes........WHITNEY!

Whitney had one of those voices that as soon as you heard the first note
You knew, you were listening to something special.
I can't begin to put into words the void she will leave in the industry.
Neither can I put into words the many fun memories I have from her music.
The argument I got into with an old girlfriend while "Shoop" played in the background.
The time I fell flat on my behind during band practice at Alabama State while we were playing
"I'm Your Baby Tonight"
The first time I slow danced with a girl (on the wall) in the eighth grade over Reginald and Devo Collins house while listening to
"You Give Good Love"
(Yes, I started early-lol)
Her music created so many memories for so many.
And that's how I will remember her.
I refuse to get into her drug use or speculate on the cause of her death.
Instead, I will honor her memory by sharing one of my favorite Whitney songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment