Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Is The Pepsi MAX Super Bowl Commercial Racist?



Over the last few days, "some" black women have been going off about this commercial, claiming that it's racist and depicts all black women as "Angry Black Women". Personally, I thought it was pretty funny and don't see what the big deal is. Is it any different than some of the stuff we see on television or the movie screen? And forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the part of the commercial where the woman gets upset because her man is watching another woman accurate? Many of you would be upset if your (black) man cheated on you, but if he cheated on you with a WHITE woman, "some" of you would react the same way (if not worse) as the woman did in the commercial.
Honestly, I think the person who came up with the concept behind this commercial is a genius. It may not convince more people to buy Pepsi MAX, but at least people are talking about the Pepsi MAX Super Bowl commercial, including Rush Limbaugh. THIS clown is unbelieveable! Read more about that over at http://www.thenewblackwoman.com/
 It would be nice if the people who feel this commercial is offensive to black women, felt the same way and voice the same kind of opposition to some of their favorite reality shows.

1 comment:

  1. You know what PapaBear,

    I owe those men an apology. I never looked at it that way. Thanks for puttimg a mirror in my face so that I may see my faults! Will share the info!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete