Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Boycotting All Award Shows Until Frankie Beverly Is HONORED


The opening tribute to Aretha Franklin at the Grammys,was alright "I guess". It was nice to see people honoring the Queen while she was still living. But can someone tell me why Frankie Beverly and Maze has never been honored with a tribute on ANY award show? I will put his fan base up against any other rock star, hip hop icon or R&B legend you can find, and I guarantee you, you won't find a more loyal group of people. I was first introduced to Frankie Beverly and Maze over 30 years ago at the age of 8 by my dad. Since then I've seen him in concert at least 50 times (if not more).Playing his music during family functions has become a family tradition which hopefully my son will take into the future. I don't know the politics behind the scenes but I can't understand how these award shows can honor people who doesn't have a full 20 years of work under their belt and ignore Frankie Beverly and Maze. So from this day forward, I will no longer watch the Grammys, AMAs, Soul Train Awards, BET Awards, VH- Honors or any other show until Maze featuring Frankie Beverly is HONORED with a Lifetime Achievement award for their contribution to the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment