Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, February 3, 2011

At Some Point Common Sense Should Come Before The Story


This picture doesn't began to tell the story of the chaos on the ground in Cairo. If it weren't for photographers and journalists, we wouldn't be able to witness this historic event that's taking place right before our eyes. But it's time these photographers and journalists began to think about their safety. For the second time in two days, CNN reporter Anderson Cooper has been attacked. Other reporters have been beaten, stabbed and one threatened with being beheaded. I applaud them for covering this story.  If it were me and my producer walked into a meeting and said, "Mod, we need you to go to Egypt and report what's happening on the ground." I can honestly say I don't think I would go, especially if I was a trust fund baby like Anderson Cooper. I've always admired Anderson, but at some point common sense should come before the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment