Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, August 18, 2012

Turn Off Fox "News"

Have you ever walked into a place a business and noticed that their televisions were on Fox News?
If that has happened to you, have you ever asked them to change the channel?
If not, why not?
Do you agree with that right-wing propaganda disguised as a news channel?
I don't!
Which is why last week when I was in a McDonald's I made my feelings known.

As I sat down to enjoy my number ten (Filet-O-Fish Meal), I noticed that both televisions were on Fox "News".
I politely asked one of the employees to change it to CNN or MSNBC.
The employee responded by saying they weren't allowed to change the channel.
I asked for the manager.
The manager came over and gave me the same response.
She said, their local corporate office instructed them to leave the televisions on Fox "News" at all times.
So, me being me, I asked for the name of the owner of that particular McDonald's, and the number to the corporate office.
At first, the manager ignored me.
After I let it be known that I wasn't the person to be ignored, she became upset.
She asked, "Why are you making such a big deal about nothing?"
I said, "Because Fox News has been Ground Zero in creating the atmosphere of hate towards my President and I refuse to watch it."
She responded by saying, "It's just the news."
I didn't respond, but I almost said,
"That attitude might be the reason you're working at McDonald's"
Well, that and the huge tattoo on her neck.
(No offense to people who work at McDonald's)

Long story short, I talked to a district manager, and let it be known that
I didn't think people in that neighborhood-who overwhelmingly supports the President-should be subjected to the hatred and lies that are spewed on Fox "News".
I also told them that if they didn't instruct their employees to change the channel from Fox to CNN or MSNBC, I was going to get a group of people, and march and protest in front of their building.
For those of you who know me, you know I don't have the time to march, protest or do much of anything else.
But they didn't know that, and my tone of voice made them think I was serious.
Miracously, a few days ago when I went back into that same McDonald's, the televsion was on CNN.
So from now on, when you walk into a place a business-especially a business that heavily depends on black patrons-do like I did.
Make them turn off Fox News!
Because not everyone wants to be subjected to their lies, hatred and disrepect of our First Family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment