Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Friday, December 16, 2011

Rev. Al Helps Boost MSNBC Ratings


I admit, when Rev. Al Sharpton launched his political talk show on MSNBC earlier this year, I didn't think it would last. Not because I disagree with Rev. Al on some issues and the way he handles them, but because I didn't think black folks Americans would support his show.
I was wrong!
Last month Rev. Al's show, "PoliticsNation beat out CNN's John King USA by 50% among total viewers for the second month in a row. Although he's still significantly behind that Republican propaganda network called "FOX News", his show has helped MSNBC's evening time slots become relevant again.

I hope the network will keep him around for a while. I also hope the nexttime they're considering new talk shows, they'll take a SERIOUS look at younger African-American pundits such as Melissa Harris-Lacewell, Michael Eric Dyson, Warren Ballentine and others.

There's definitely a market for them because OUR voices need to be heard!

Congrats Rev. Al!

No comments:

Post a Comment