Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Praise & Inspiration

A lot has taken place in my life since we last had praise and inspiration here in The Board Room.
 If you don't mind, I'm going to share a personal story with you real quick.
If you do mind, then...........whatever!
Last month, my son suffered a knee injury at football practice. It was bad timing (so I thought) because he has a tremendous opportunity before him coming up during baseball season.
After scheduling an MRI, we found out that he had a sprained MCL and torm ACL which would require surgery.
But it would also require him to be out 8-12 months. Thus, putting his baseball opportunity in jeopardy
I became upset with God because he "allowed" something like this to happen to a young man who does all the right things the right way.
I started PUBLICLY questioning God by saying and asking things like,
"Why me God?"
" Why would you allow MY son to experience this?"
"I had less trouble when I wasn't trying to do the right than I have now."
I know, I know..........many of you have NEVER questioned God. (Bless your heart)
BUT I DID!

Well, during that entire ordeal I kept hearing this particular song in my head.
It was a song I had heard many times but for some reason, I heard it more often during this period.
I heard it in my sleep.
I heard it when I woke up.
I heard it in my car.
I heard it EVERYWHERE!

It was this song by Beverly Crawford;


Well, let me tell you the rest of the story...........
My son had surgery on October 19th and was told that he could possibly recover in 6-8 months.
That was encouraging news.
But two weeks later......
I SAID TWO WEEKS LATER............
His therapist cleared him to walk in a brace WITHOUT crutches.
(let that marinate)
A surgery that normally requires you to be on crutches for at LEAST two months-my son had been cleared after TWO WEEKS!
The therapist told me although my son doing rehab prior to surgery helped, he had no idea as to how my son was making that kind of progress, that soon.
I looked him straight in the eyes said, "Oh I know how he's making that kind of progress!"
Now, as I post this blog a month later, my son is walking with only an ACL brace and he barely has a limp when he walks.
My point:
Even when it doesn't look like it....
Even when it doesn't feel like it.....
Even when you think God has totally forgotten about your situation........
If you maintain your faith.........
If you keep trusting in the Lord.......
Not only will he show up and show out.....
But He will work a miracle on your behalf.........
Because He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we could ever think, wish or imagine.
God performed a miracle for me, and I know He'll do it for you!

*cue the praise break*

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about your son! Praise God!!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!!! PRAISES BE to the ULTIMATE PHYSICIAN. Mod, there is nothing wrong with questioning GOD...HE desires us to be vunerable with HIM (yeah; I know some of those I'm too Holy for this hat I just got for NEXT Easter Sunday because I missed Easter Sunday at my "home" church because it was too full of NON-Memebers and their Easter Baskets..isn't gonna like me for saying that). I share with you that I am guilty of doing it too. Especially while being my Dad's 24/7 Caregiver for almost two years and then going thru his unexpected death and even more now that I am separated from my spouse (don't ask... the reasons are SO ridiculous I am STILL trying to wrap my head around it) and while I am filling out my one billionth job application package. I am trusting GOD that HE has something MAJOR on the horizon for me but I am just waiting to reach the zenith so I can at least sneek a peek! Keep me in your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    And I will keep you in my prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete