Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, June 30, 2011

The State of New York Approves Gay Marriage


Last week, the state of New York became the 6th state to recognize gay marriage. It was a glorious time as people celebrated the fact that this country was finally starting to come around on the gay marriage issue.

Well, I hate to break up the party........but.........

EVERYBODY IS NOT CELEBRATING YOUR VICTORY!

I'm not one of those people who will go out of my way to protest gay marriage, but I'm sure as heck not one who will sit by quietly and watch it happen. I believe a woman was created FROM a man FOR a man. Therefore, I believe marriage is between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN.......PERIOD!
If you want to have "civil unions" ......fine, have at it!
But don't tell me I'm discriminating against you because I oppose your right to do something that I don't think is natural.
And can we PLEASE stop with the Civil Rights Movement comparison?
While it's true gay people have been the victims of hate crimes, I have yet to see where there was a systematic effort to prevent gay people from voting or getting an education. I think it's disrespectful to the many men and women who lost their lives fighting Jim Crow to compare it with the gay marriage movement and I wish more people would speak out about it.
Then again, nobody wants to risk offending anyone. Which is probably why the blogosphere has been dead quiet about this issue over the last week.
Sorry, I'm not one of those people.
I have nothing against gay people but let me be clear:
I DO NOT SUPPORT TWO PEOPLE OF THE SAME SEX MARRYING EACH OTHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment