Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Allow Me To (Re)-Introduce Myself

Judging from the almost 1,000 hits this site has had since Monday, I'm guessing many of you are finding yourselves here for the very first time. So on behalf of the regular Board of Directors, thanks for stopping by. Let me give you some background on why I started this blog movement called The Board Room.

This movement was started in December 2009.
It wasn't started as just something to do or a place to voice my opinions.
This was a vision given to me to achieve a specific purpose for the Kingdom of God.
Calm down, calm down.......I'm not about to start preaching or anything like that.
No, that's not my assignment-in this platform.
My assignment, in this platform is to challenge you to engage in mature dialogue about social, political and religious issues as it relates to the African-American community and our society as a whole.
(All races are welcomed here in The Board Room.)
My views come from a unique perspective.
I've been up and I've been down. I've had it all, lost it all, got it back, and lost it again.
It was at that point that I realized, God had a plan for my life.
But when I decided to follow that plan, things became interesting because I was trying to do things the right way for the first time in my life.
*Sidebar*
Have you ever tried to do the right thing but all the wrong things kept happening?
(My bad, I said I wasn't gonna preach, right?)

One thing you may have noticed by now is that I am very opinionated and don't bite my tongue mence my words for ANYONE!
That's not in my DNA!
So if you disagree with anything I write- and trust me, you will. All I ask is that you be respectful. I have to ask that because over the last few days, I've been called all kinds of crazy stuff. One woman even called me a "sell-out". THAT may be the funniest thing I've ever read on this blog.
Lady, one thing I'm not is a "sell-out." I just refuse to sit on the sideline and watch the destruction of an entire generation's mindset who thinks it's cool to walk around with their pants sagging.

I've also received some emails that have been...........let's just say, "button-pushers".
(I guess y'all didn't like the blog I did about "Single Mothers" for Father's Day, huh?)
I DON'T CARE! lol
I'm laughing, but I'm so serious............I really don't!
I was raised by my Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, Mother and Aunt and not one time did I ever hear either of them tell the other "Happy Father's Day."
What's next?
Single Father's wishing each other "Happy Mother's Day" because they're raising a child by themselves?

Regardless if you think I'm a 'sell-out" or too militant.
Regardless if you think I hate women or I'm an advocate for fathers.
I hope that you will stick around and join this movement. I pray that somehow, someway, something is said or written that inspires you to get involved and make a difference in our community. Because this next generation needs all of the difference makers it can get.

Again thanks for stopping by and welcome to The Board Room.

Join our FB page by clicking on the badge to the right. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the site Sir and will continue to stop by on a regular basis.

    Diversity of opinion isnt a bad thing, be it from you or your readers. If I wanted group/ lockstep thinking I'd join the Teapartyrepublicans. I doubt I'll agree with everything you post, but its your opinion and you're entitled to that.

    I can relate to the "had it all, lost it got it back", and thats ok too. Its safe to say we're not the only ones. But one things for certain no matter what my situation may be, my back will always be straight, and my head will always be held high.I get the impression you're the same type of man.

    So go for it! And if you ever decide to allow advertising let me know. Just keep in mind my last names Oliver NOT Winfrey, lol!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idig ur retro Sinatra reference - chairman of the board (if this is correct.

    Your opinion, like undiluted coffee, black and strong.

    And I agree, this is a movement - a movement to engage, offend, educate and challenge the sleeping to wake the f up!

    Check me out at harveysglobalpolitics.blogspot.com and let's keep this conversation going. peace, continue to do u...

    ReplyDelete