Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Humor Of The Juan Williams Story

I haven't paid much attention to the Juan Williams story because it's so funny to me, that I can't even sit still long enough to absorb the story. Ladies and gentlemen, Juan Williams is a product of his environment and by that I mean this. Some time ago......YEARS ago when I was married, I used to hang with guys who were single. Eventually, hanging with single guys caused me to start thinking like a single man and now I AM a single man (for now). So when Juan Williams got on FOX "News" and said whenever he see a Muslim in Muslim Garb (clothes) on an airplane, he gets suspicious, afraid, scared or whatever he said. I knew he wouldn't understand it when people questioned his statement. Juan Williams couldn't possibly view that comment as racist because he's surrounded by people on a daily basis that view the world in racial overtones.

How would Mr. Williams feel if someone said to him, whenever they see a black man walking towards them, they get suspicious?
How would Mr. Williams feel if someone said to him, whenever they see a black man in a suit on FOX "News", not willing to take a strong stand against bootleg, biased, racist, journalism they think he is a Sambo?
I imagine he would get offended. But he doesn't think a company that signs his paycheck should terminate him for saying thngs that their core audience members think is outside the views of mainstream America?
JUAN PLEASE!!!!!!!!! (Juan was not the word I wanted to use but since I no longer use the N- word, JUAN seemed like a perfect fit).

The people who hi-jacked planes on 9/11 weren't dressed in Muslim Garb. The terrorist/racist who blew up the Morrow building in Oklahoma City in 1995 wasn't wearing a Klan robe. So how could he possibly be nervous because of someone's appearance?
And that's the humor in this entire story, the fact that Juan Williams of all people would make such an idiotic comment and fail to understand the repercussions. But I guess when you work at FOX "News", you're used to saying whatever you want and not being held accountable for it.

If Juan Williams was half the man everyone claims he is, why didn't he protest the abrupt firing of Dr.Marc Lamont Hill http://www.marclamonthill.com/ last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment