Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Antoine Dodson Performs On The BET Hip Hop Awards Show


Am I the only person not shocked that Antoine Dodson was asked to perform on the BET Hip Hop Music Awards? It's makes perfect sense to me that a channel that has no substance to it whatsoever will ask this man to perform on one of it's most highly viewed shows of the year. When I was growing up in the mid 80s, BET was a place where black people went for entertainment. Sure, there were videos on most of the day but there was also BET Nightly News and the Bev Smith Show ( http://www.bevsmithtalks.com/) on the weekends. But I never thought I would see the day when BET would promote,what many people (including myself) think is probably the embarrassing person in all of Black America. But then again, it is BET.

1 comment: