Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gay Is The New Black.................Oh No Hell It Ain't!!!!


*30 second blank stare*
Ok everybody, I understand some people are different.
I get it.
I also understand that we live in a more tolerant and open society.
I get that too.
But I be DAM*ED if I'm about to accept this mess.
There is a movement going on, where people are encouraging folks to start wearing these t-shirts saying..........Ok, let's skip the t-shirt for a second.
Why does EVERYTHING have to be the New Black?
Why can't some things be the New Jewish or New something else?
Why does everything have to be compared to the struggles of black people?
Why does every movement have to be compared to the Civil Rights movement?
I'll tell you why, because Jewish people won't allow their past pains and struggles to be commercialized and disrespected. Black folks on the other hand,we could care less. Matter of fact, we criticize those who post blogs like the one I'm posting.
But I don't care!
Criticize me all you want to!
Some people like to make black folks feel like if we disagree with something......say like the Gay Rights movement, we're being hypocritical. If I hear one more "black leader" tell me I shouldn't "disrespect our gay brothas and sistas", I'm going to hit the roof.
Look, I don't have a problem with gay people. Is this when I'm suppose to say, some of my best friends are gay? Sorry, that ain't going to happen.
But I really don't have a problem with "my gay brothas and sistas." I just can't co-sign on the lifestyle.

I read an article today that basically said, Morehouse is turning into Spelman West. There was a "Morehouse Man" dressed like a full grown woman, and nobody has a problem with that? This fine institution that has produced some of the greatest black men this country has ever known has all of a sudden become a haven for gay men to openly dress like women. And somehow, that's cool?
Last night, I turned to the trainwreck known as  the Real Housewives of Atlanta only to see a grown man dressed in a dress that hugged his body. This dude even had the audacity to wear one of those things..........you know the things women wear when they're trying to make their breast like bigger. What do you call those things? Not a bra......but a........ANYWAY..........you get thet point!!!!!!
All of this is going on while young black men are growing up without a father figure in their life. And they are being told this is the New Black?
Man, y'all done bumpch'all (new word) heads if you think I'm going to be silent about this. Look, if you're gay, that's your thang. But I be DAM*ED if I'm about to accept, promote or sit quietly while people say, Gay Is The New Black!
NO SIR!

NO MA'AM!

NOT IN THE BOARD ROOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment