Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, September 25, 2010

Republican Candidate Offers Free Wings & A Limo Ride To The Polls


This is one of those stories that has me shaking my head. In Shreveport,Lousiana,Republican mayoral candidate Bryan Wooley is offering black voters chicken wings and a ride to the poll in a limo. SERIOUSLY,I'm not making this up. At first glance the gesture of doing so would appear full of racial stereotypes. But the more I think about it the more I come to the sad realization that it probably will work. I'm willing to bet you money or a six piece wing plate that Mr. Wooley becomes Mayor of Shreveport and I'm willing to bet that he wins the majority of the black vote. You may ask why I have such little faith in the people of Shreveport,La..

This is "rapper" Hurricane Chris performing in front of the Louisiana State Legislature. Unfortunately I couldn't find the beginning of the clip where the representative goes on for 5 minutes about how this guy represents all that is right with the youth of Louisiana. She presents him with a plaque and tells the men in the chambers not to laugh because they too are looking for a "Halle Berry". It's truly one of the most embarassing things I have ever seen.
Oh and did I mention she represents Shreveport,La.?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment