Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Look at this photo...........seriously, just look at it!
Wouldn't you love to know what the older man was saying to these kids?
If I had to guess, he was probably telling them about the struggle their families, and their people had just come out of.
This photo, titled Storytelling Time-was taken in Thomasville, Al. by Kathryn Tucker Windham in 1971-the year I was born.

Unfortunately, a lot has changed since 1971.
Many children are being raised without even knowing who their fathers are.
Many of those fathers have walked out on their families, and some just aren't ready to accept the responsibilty of fatherhood
There was a time when I would judge those men.
But the older I get, the more I realize it's not wise to judge a man's decisions unless I've walked in his shoes.
Sure, I have my own personal opinions on it, but on this Father's Day weekend-instead of talking down to those men. I'll just say a prayer for them and hope that God lays it on their heart to reach out to their children.
And for those of you who have fathers that have tried to reach out to you, but you're unwilling to accept that olive branch because you're still bitter about his absence-I want to challenge you to put your differences aside, just for this one day.
Because after all, he's still your father.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment