Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, June 16, 2012

Don't Give Up On Your Dreams

Normally, (well not lately), but normally, I would post a Neo Soul Saturday video to spotlight an unknown, or up and coming Neo Soul artist.
But today, I want to do something different.
I want to post a song that has been playing in my head since the moment I woke up this morning.
You see, a few years ago, God gave me a vision.
I know, I know............some of you may look at me sideways when I say "GOD gave me a vision"-but that's your problem-not mine.
God indeed gave me a vision, and like most people, I thought my vision would happen overnight.
I thought I could just sit down, write the vision, make it plain, speak it into the atmosphere, and the vision would manifest out of nowhere.
What I didn't anticipate were the struggles along the way.
I didn't anticipate the extra distractions and drama I would have to deal with.
I didn't anticipate the mistrust of people who called themselves my friends.
I didn't anticipate the heartbreak and lessons in love I would experience.
I didn't anticipate that some who claimed to be for me, may actually be against me.
I didn't anticipate any of those things.

But regardless of the distractions, the roadblocks, the people telling me I was crazy, and even those who told me my "stupid" vision would never happen because I was cursed-I'm still encouraged.
And I want you to be too.
I hope this song encourages you to encourage someone else to continue to pursue their goals, their dreams, and their vision.
I hope it will encourage you to NEVER give up on your dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment