Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why Unmarried Black Women Can't Find A Good Black Man



Oh Lawd........here we go again. Another sob story about how black women can't find a good black man. I'm sure some in White Amerca love these women for they have proven their theories about black men. Of course this gives the media another chance to do a story about how many Black men are in jail,without a high school diploma,unemployed,blah,blah,blah....as if we don't have enough of that going around already. If I wanted to hear that,I could tune into the radio and hear talk show hosts talking about it on a daily basis. If I wanted to see that,I could go check out a Tyler Perry movie-ANY Tyler Perry movie (Daddy's Little Girl the exception) and see how we cheat on our women,treat them like dirt and leave them for white women once we get some money. Don't get me wrong,Tyler Perry does a lot of good in the community but ENOUGH ALREADY bruh.But out of all the things ABC could have done a story on,THIS is what they came up with? THESE are the women they chose for this story? Ok,fine don't blame me for what you're about to read,blame ABC for airing this mess.Honestly I'm glad they chose these women because I know their type all too well.
See,let me explain something to you.I don't have a degree in medicine. I don't have a Law degree. I don't have a degree in Sociology,Psychology, Biology or any other kind of "ology". I have a degree in Womanology.Let me say it again,I HAVE A DEGREE IN WOMANOLOGY. Say it with me boys and girls......woman(WOMAN)-ology(OLOGY). Now put those words together and say WOMANOLOGY(WOMANOLOGY)....very good boys and girls,that's right, I STUDIED WOMEN IN COLLEGE. And not only do I have my B.A in Womanology,but I also earned my Masters and PHd in WOMANOLOGY!! So,seeing as though I am well studied and professionally trained in women.I'm about to break down the type of women in this video as only a well studied,properly educated Womanologist can...ok? OK!

Now let's take a look at the very attractive,well accomplished woman who is a Prosecuting Attorney,I think her name was Nicole. Nicole goes to work everyday and she sees one Black man after another going into the criminal system. I can understand how she could be discouraged. I would too if that's all I saw everyday. But at the same time,this "Man's Woman" as she was called in the piece,dances for the Atlanta Falcons on the weekend. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. I've seen where men have taken her apart for dancing half naked in front of 60,000 fans on the weekend. Hey,if that's what she loves to do,I would support her. But she wants people to believe that NO ONE she's attracted to has tried to get at her? Not one of the Falcons or opposing team's players has ever approached her? How about the brothers who attend the games every week? None of them have made any efforts to get at her? I'm not buying it. I'm willing to bet she HAS dated athletes and came across as a gold digger.Maybe I'm wrong but as aggresive as athletes are IN ATLANTA and the pedigree she has NO ONE has came close to satisfying this woman? It is my observation,that she won't date the brother who is making 75k/year because she has had the taste of riding in the Phantom with the pro athlete and refused to ride in the Chrysler 300. Nope,not going to settle for that!!

Next we have Chato,age 32. She has all of these terms she throws around like BGs(black girls) and BPG (back pocket girl). Then she makes mention of white women getting married at age 25. This attractive,successful woman hasn't been in a serious relationship in 10 years. She had a list of 50 things-FIFTY THINGS a man must have that she keeps in her Bible. She said she reluctantly cut it down to 10. WOMAN ARE YOU SERIOUS? Let me explain something to all of you Chatoes reading this blog. If you're single and HALF WAY attractive, but you haven't been in a serious relationship in 10 years. BABY,it ain't the men you're dating,IT'S YOU!!!! I already see her problem.She keeps a "list" in her Bible but I bet you she couldn't quote Proverbs 31:30 off the top of her head like she quoted that statistic about White women getting married at age 25. I'm willing to bet she spends most of her time complaining about what men DON'T have that she never take the time to see what they DO have.She is the type that will end up getting married to the first guy she think is half-way ready to get married because after all "her clock is ticking".Then 6 months after the honeymoon,when she realizes she doesn't want to be married anymore.She will say her husband wasn't man enough for her,or he wasn't handling his responsiblities as a husband. She will use all kinds of excuses to her friends instead of admitting she was in love with the idea of having a wedding and a husband but never considered the idea of marriage. But she will never come to her senses because after all,"she's waited this long,she CAN'T settle NOW."

Then there's the sister who has a height requirement. Oh ,my bad,she's lowered it from 6'5 to 6'2.......oh gee thanks for doing us short guys a favor. We REALLY appreciate it!! You know this is interesting, because I've had women tell me,if I was 6'2 instead of 5'8 they would date me. Well, me being ME,I responded by saying look,don't hold the fact that I'm not 6'2 against ME and I won't hold the fact that you may not look like Natalie Benson against YOU.

This is Natalie Benson

-Needless to say,that was the end of THAT conversation. I mean really,WOMAN get a grip. You looking at a man's height before you even allow yourself to talk to him? Good luck with that because most men you're looking for in that 6'2 -6'5 range that you may meet are probably athletes. Because I'm sure you wouldn't date a 6'2 brother who works for UPS. No, why do that,although THAT is the brother that will treat you like a queen.Keep hope alive sister,one day you'll meet the man of your dreams. You may be 55 when you meet him,but hey,that's only 20 years from now(SMH).

Finally,we have the baby of the crew Melissa,who is 28. This poor woman is done......you hear me........DONE I said. She is hanging with these beautiful,attractive older SHALLOW women who are always complaining about how they can't find a man. She hasn't been in a committed relationship since college. Look here girl,all I will say to you is,get you some new friends. Because no matter who you meet and date. You're going to have to get their approval first,and there is no man on earth THESE scandalous chicks will approve of. What you need to understand is,it's not about the man you date. It's about YOU being younger than they are and meeting someone before they do. That's the problem with being a single black woman and having friends. THEY will need to meet him and REAL TALK,any man that meets THESE chicks and spend 10 minutes listening to them talk the way they talked on this video,will RUN from you.Then guess what your girls will be pumping your head with........"he's intimidated by a strong,independent Black woman" Don't believe that "mess". If you do you will be 45 years old still talking about the shortage of Black men.

There are some things that are pathetic then there's THIS. On facebook,many women were posting this mess and getting amens from every woman that commented on it. The men would comment here and there but for the most part they would just let it slide,but not your boy. No longer will I allow Black men to be the scapegoat for some black women being miserable in their singleness. The easiest thing in the world is to deflect blame onto someone else. I understand that we are out numbered but my goodness,some of you act like finding a good man is harder than pulling teeth. If WHITE women can find a good Black man and in some cases some Black MEN can find what they say is a good Black man then SURELY you can. But the question then becomes,would you recognize him when you see him?

Some of you will pass up on a good man because you met the guy driving the S500. Not knowing that he's robbing Peter to pay Paul. Unfortunately,that's what so many men do.We KNOW that's what draws you in. Then when you find out he was a fraud you blame HIM instead of yourself. You KNEW he was pushing the S500 but still renting an apartment. But you paid it no mind because he "appeared" to have it going on. Some of you won't date a man with kids because you've convinced yourself,you will have "baby mama drama". So you date the man with no kids only to find out later he DOES have kids.But since you've invested time in the relationship,you stick it out. Then one lie,leads to two which leads to three, then you have the audacity to blame it all on HIM. Even though all the warning signs were there. You dated him for months and he never took you around his family.Now not only do you find out he has kids but also has an ex wife. Sometimes I swear women choose their men like they buy their shoes.You KNOW,they don't fit your feet. You KNOW they will leave your feet jacked up. But since they LOOK good to you and everybody else,you buy them anyway. So you walk around with these shoes on that LOOK good but they are KILLING your feet. Those shoes end up affecting the way you buy the next shoe and the shoe after that. It's the same way when you choose a man.

No one reading this blog or viewed this video can convince me any of these women haven't had the opportunity to date good quality men. But I'm willing to bet,they were judging him by the wrong standards. They're looking at where he is RIGHT NOW before they talk to him. But that RIGHT NOW situation can change tomorrow. What they should do is find out where he's been and where he's going. I'm sure many of you have passed on a guy that you thought would never be anything in life. You saw what he did for a living,you saw where he lived and just decided this guy didn't meet your standards. Then later on you get sick to your stomach when you find out the type of home he's building,or that business that sounded too far fetched is taking off or the book you said he couldn't write has people lining up to publish it.

WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT IN A MAN?

Some of you have said you want a really nice guy who makes you laugh,yet when you meet him he's too nice or doesn't make you laugh enough. Some of you say you want a man that attends church and has a relationship with God. Then you will come to church,sit next to that man you SAY you want and pray that God changes the heart of a man you left at YOUR house,laying in YOUR bed,playing YOUR son's playstation.
HELLO SOMEBODY!!!

Ladies what you have to understand is this. Many Black men are starting to look at other women of other races,NOT because we're intimidated by your success. Many men are just plain ol sick and tired of dealing with the emotional baggage that comes with trying to convince Black women that we ARE good men. You can smack your lips,roll your neck and cut your eyes if you want to,but it is what it is. White and Latino women are getting bold and approaching Black men on a regular basis. They know YOU have a one track mind as to what qualifies someone as a good man. So they swoop in and grow with what you said you won't settle for. They laugh at you when you say white women are stealing your men or black men are selling you out for white women. It's a joke to them and to many brothers. As someone who in the past has been AGGRESSIVELY pursued by a white woman, a very attractive,professional white woman. I must say I'm more open to it now,than I was in the past. Now,I'm confident in who I am and I know where I'm going. So if the opportunity presents itself again and I'm available,I'm going for it.

Black women you better wake up.

6 comments:

  1. Mod,These women sound like a lot of single women today. I can relate to everything said by the women.I admit to having the mind set of these women at one time in my life...maybe not the 6'5 expectation (LOL) Not wanting to settle or lower what I thought were," my standards." I heard a female pastor on the radio tell women,if you drive a Benz when he met you, then he needs to keep you in a Benz if he marries you...interesting words from a minister. I would personally trade a Benz for peace of mind, good health and a loving family in a heart beat...I know you have been there done that too...LOL  Women have been told to "set standards," follow those standards and don't settle. What we weren't told was to get in position to receive a good man sent by God. Meaning...working on ourselves first. Working on who we are spiritually and personally first,so we don't bring what you call emotional baggage to each relationship. Did anyone tell you? Dads tell their boys to wrap it up cause you don't want a baby.Rarely do they say, love God and yourself first then learn to love a nurture a woman. There are men who take pride in raising a player or being a player...women too.All of the women in the video are attractive and financially secure,but that's not what I mean when I say work on self. I don't believe anyone can have success with any relationship unless they first seek a relationship with God. These women seem to be caught up in what they want or expect because of what they have to offer. What's wrong with a professional women loving a man who is not on her level professionally? Why don't we trust in God for a mate? God knows what we need..right?? Shouldn't we seek him first and trust that he has our best interest at heart because of the love he has for us...right?? As for the women in the special, as long as they consult with each other and not God,they will continue to struggle with finding a mate. Or they won't recognize a good man when he presents himself because they are caught up in a list of standards. Scripture tells us to seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need(Matthew 6:33)With that said, my personal focus has changed direction. I could go on for days on the topic, but I won't. I just added my two cents...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Mod!!! As a single woman still searching, I appreciate the honesty. Watching that clip, I was counting off in my head the things I have in common with these women (thankfully not many, lol) and see your points. I have learned to compromise because I'm not perfect and I have to understand that noone walking this earth is. I still hold out hope for my "black king" but that hasn't stopped me from looking for my KING (color be damed)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this special on ABC a while ago. All I can say is "shallow", yes, everyone has their standards and want them to be met, and refuses to settle, but if you're like these ladies whose biological clocks are ticking, and they not getting any younger, you would think they would consider lower their standards. They are going to be single for the rest of their lives, (sorry to sound hard, but it’s true). It’s not what they want or who they think is the right fit for them, it’s who they Lord seem fit/right for them. That man could be right in front of their faces, but since he's not wearing a Ralph Lauren suit or driving a Benz, he's not the one for them. Also, requirements/standards can be overbearing and will scares off a good man. As a single woman myself, I too at one point had high standards, and realized that I needed to comprise and back down a bit, so I‘ve learn to let go and let God. Some woman want the man to be financially well off or to be on the same level as they are. Some of us black woman, need to realize that it’s ok if the man does not make the same as you, or even if he make much lower than you, it’s ok. It’s also ok if he doesn’t drive a Porsche, or if he’s not wearing a Gucci suit. As long as he has a strong relationship with God, he loves his family, he love me and I love him, we support each other, we can stand by each other when all else fails, I have his back and he has mine…. I’m good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this and thought about the mindset of my very early 20s: I want someone who is taller than me, has this much money, is good-looking, and had a whole host of other superficial qualities. Nearly 20 years later, what I have is a short, blue-collar man who is irritated when I use "big" words in everyday conversation. He does not get up in the morning without thinking about how he can make the world a better place for me and for our children. I hope that those women are able to open their eyes and their hearts to what is really important in a partner: someone who has the ability to communicate, the desire to strive with you, and a genuine love and appreciation for you as a person instead of a lust for your physical package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And apropos (which would piss my husband completely off if I said it to him) of nothing I said in the previous comment, Natalie Benson is like damn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I agree with certain parts of the blog. We need to stop making generalizations about one another. I dont choose to make things about race nor do I choose to group all black men nor all black women into one category. These women sound really silly, but I shouldn't be judged by the crazy things they're going on t.v. saying.

    2. I've had conversations with plenty guys who attend school with me. They tell me that they don't want to date any of the women in our class because the women try to overcompensate for not being men and seem to be in competition with them. Specifically they say they don't like the "doctor type" of woman. They want a woman who can be sweet and who can cook and bake and all that. So while you might not be intimidated by a woman's success, these fools are because their holding the drive that these girls have in a professional setting against them. The girls probably can cook.

    3. I think that desperation leads to stupid decisions. So, I don't think about relationships much. I just say that it will come one day, and it shall. Right now I'm not concerned about marriage at all. This topic was so not worthy of television. I won't say that black women need to wake up, I'll say that women with a flawed mindset who are interested in finding a good man need to wake up. I'll also say that there are some good black men out there. So...ladies please stop bashing black men because you've been hurt. Every black man on this earth did not do that to you. You don't even know every black man on this earth so you cannot judge them like that. And you can look up statistics, but they can be skewed to say whatever the person analyzing the data wants them to say, and half the time, the naked eye cannot tell if they are reliable or not.

    ReplyDelete