Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tatted Up


I was originally going to blog about the Tea Party Convention and their willingness to pay Sarah Palin $150,000 to speak. But somehow,I got side tracked. So forgive me for this random blog but here it go.

I never really got into the whole tattoo thing. Maybe it's because me and needles are like oil and water,we don't mix. Ok,I AM AFRAID OF NEEDLES......there,I said it. Not sure why I'm afraid,considering I was willing to get 3 brands with a hot iron while in college.It really wasn't that painful,I think.....much of that night was a blur anyway(that's an entirely different blog)lol.
Can someone please let these people know that tattoos on the neck is not a good look. Yeah,short term it's cool(I guess). If you have about 20 million in the bank like some athletes do then fine. But if you're 21 years old and don't have a wicked jump shot. Chances are you may need a job. I don't know about you but when I go somewhere to do business,the last thing I want to see is a big ol' tattoo on someone's neck. I don't even like ordering my food at McDonald's from the girl that has tats all over her arm. And why would you let your teenage DAUGHTER get tats anyway? This one girl had her baby's name tatted on one arm and her "baby daddy" name tatted on the other arm. I know because I asked......you know ME. I promise you she hasn't thought about the fact that one day,she'll be 30 years old. Which brings me to another thing.Ladies,getting HUGE tats on your chest, back and BEHIND may be cool at age 30 (I guess) but it is NOT a good look at age 50.
That's all I got for today!

1 comment:

  1. Neck tattoos can be hard to cover up for professional purposes. I have a tattoo on my back. I don't foresee it as a problem at any age because it is easily covered, but it also means something to me and is the only tattoo i'll ever get. I think that if people are into tattoos, its fine to get them, but be mindful of placement, and make sure it is a decision that will not one day be regretted.

    ReplyDelete