Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Praise & Inspiration

-A few weeks ago, I ran into an old friend at a jazz event.
Although we often chat on social media, that day was the first day that we had actually sat down and had a conversation in years.
She explained to me that she was a newly-divorced, single-parent and was dealing with some issues and drama that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
While she was telling me some of the heart-breaking stories of what she's had to deal with over the last year, I couldn't help but look at her and think to myself;
"She doesn't look anything like the hell she's been through."

-Last week, a friend of mine (out of the blue) confided in me that she and her daughters were once homeless, and that they once had to live in the bathroom of a storage facility and sleep in her car for months before she was able to move into a homeless shelter.
After I read her story, via text message, I thought back to all the times I used to see her and her girls at church and the times we used to talk to each other.
The more thought back to those times, the more I began to think to myself:
"She didn't at the time, and she still doesn't look anything like the hell she's been through."

-Late last night, I was reading the blog of a woman who has dealt with divorce, illness, numerous surgeries, and too many other things to name.
As I was reading her story, I couldn't help but think to myself:
"She doesn't look anything like the hell she's been through."

The one thing all three of those women had in common was that they all credit GOD with getting them through their situation.

The point of this blog:
Regardless of what you've been through, what you're going through or what situation you may have to face on tomorrow, just know, that if you put GOD at the center of it, you can come out of that situation not even looking like you've been in it.
And when you come out, be thankful and grateful that you don't look like what you've been through.


2 comments: