Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stop The "Domestic" Violence

In honor of National Domestic Violence Month, I want to share something with you.
Have you ever wondered how the cycle of domestic abuse is passed from one generation to another?
Well, watch this video;


*long deep breath*

I don't know where to start. It's bad enough that our children live in a world where pimping  is viewed as some kind of glorious lifestyle. Where groups like Three Six Mafia can win an Oscar for a song called, "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp".
Where in that same movie a song called, "Whoop That Trick" can soar to number one on the billboard charts.
But when you have someone encouraging his son to film his mother getting beat, it takes it to a completely different level.
Other than learned behavior, I can't understand why a coward  man will put his hands on a woman.
I also can't understand how a woman will stay with a man after he hits her for the first time.
But at the risk of sounding ignorant and insensitive, I'll keep my thoughts about that to myself.
If you know anyone who is being physically or verbally abused, please speak out and get them some help. Or else, you may end up like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment