Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The President Releases His Birth Certificate & I'm Mad As Hell ! ! ! !


Today, the President of The United States released his birth certificate.
Let me say that again!
Today, the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES released his birth certificate!
None of the other 43 Presidents has had to do that. None of them ever had to deal with this type of scrutiny. So why the big fuss?
Is it because he has a "muslim" name?
To a degree, YES!
Is it because some think he's a Manchurian candidate created in a lab somewhere?
As crazy as that sounds, YES!
Is it because MANY people think he is part of some sleeper terrorist cell who wants to destroy this country from the inside out?
YES!
Matter of fact, my ex General Sales Manager made the comment during the 2008 election that "Hussein" as he called him, was going to blow himself up in the White House. THAT'S the kind of sick, distorted attitude most white people in the deep south and many around this country has.
But above all the other reasons I just gave you as to why this President has had to deal with this level of scrutiny. The one that REALLY drives it-is RACISM! MANY white people, yes even the ones who act like it doesn't bother them- MANY have a problem with a black man being President.
We can score touchdowns for their favorite football team.
We can hit a home run for their favorite baseball team.
We can tickle their funny bone by telling a joke that will make them laugh.
We can entertain them by dancing and singing their favorite song.
But the minute we start to own our own business, the minute we start to seek higher education, the minute we aspire to become President of The United States, it's a problem.
Suddenly, our identity is questioned. (Birthers).
Suddenly, our qualifications to be admitted into an Ivy league university is questioned (Donald Trump).
And while we're on Donald Trump- For those of you who still watch and support "Celebrity Apprentice" do me a favor: Go play in traffic during rush hour.

For almost 3 years, this man has had to deal with people attacking- NOT HIS POLICIES- but his integrity, his family and his identity. Yet, NOBODY of color has defended him publicly against people like Trump, Palin and Fox News.
Bill Maher spoke out.
Robert DeNiro spoke out. Ok, Whoopi Goldberg spoke out, but that's about it.
Where was Spike Lee?
Where was Tavis Smiley?
Where was Cornel West?
And WHERE WAS MINISTER FARRAKHAN?
"We all must unite and stand together." Isn't that what the "black leaders" always say?
Yeah......right!
Cowards and hypocrites is what I call them.
This attack on the President's identity isn't just an attack on him, it's an attack on ALL people of color. The underlying message that nobody wants to discuss is this: Regardless of how much education or money you have, to many white people, you were, are and will always be looked upon as a second class citizen.
TRANSLATION: This is MY country and you are still a NIGGER!

*PSA* I know many of you conservative bloggers are frequent visitors to The Board Room. I've seen you repost my political blogs on various sites and call me everything but a child of God. But I know my identity and it's that identity that gives me the boldness and power to speak my mind the way I do (and I'm not talking about birth certificates either). If the day ever comes when you feel man enough to debate ME instead of my blogs, please feel free to do so!

-Mod Lumpkin

2 comments:

  1. I was just wondering what you were up to! I am pissed off by the whole birth certificate thing also, especially since I am currently re-reading Roots! Kunta Kinte predicted this, that we would never really be accepted as equals, even though we as a race have proven our intelligence, ability, drive, determination and yes, superiority countless times. It was true when Alex Haley channeled his ancestor's spirit and wrote this book 35 years ago...and it's still true today. What's more, I could care less. At the end of the day, Obama sleeps between fresh white house sheets every night, and nothing these idiot racist folks say can change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Keita by the way I don't know why those m's show up like that!

    ReplyDelete