Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Saturday, March 5, 2011

Protests In Miami Over Police Brutality!

I am totally against police brutality in any form or fashion. The city of Miami has experienced seven police related murders in seven months and two of the men were unarmed. There should be a full investigation and if found guilty, those officers should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
HOWEVER!
I can not understand why my people are so quick to march against police brutality but sit quietly while thugs in our own neighborhoods brutalize each other every day. Miami has one of the highest murder rates in the country. The "Pork & Beans" neighborhood was known for their violence way before the show "The First 48" made it famous. Yet, I don't see anybody marching and protesting about that!
I don't see Rev. Al Sharpton showing up to make a formal request to the justice department to investigate those murders!
I understand that you need a high profile "black leader" (I hate that term) to get your point across and bring attention to the case. But can we please start showing the same kind of outrage when murders are committed by our own people against our own?

No comments:

Post a Comment