Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixed Race Couples On The Rise In The South


I just read a New York Times article that talks about the rise of mixed couples in the Deep South. It detailed the life of a family living in Greenville, Ms.
All I can say is, more power to them!
Personally, I don't think I could do it-be in a relationship with someone of another race and live here in the deep south. I know love is a strong emotion but I'm SURE they're dealing with some serious drama!
Question: How many of you still do a double take when you see a mixed-raced couple? C'mon, be honest!
You don't look at them and ask yourself, "What is it they found in that person, that they couldn't find in someone within their own race?" Yep! I know you do!!!
Especially when it's a black man and a white woman. Black women will lose their doggone minds!!!!
"What's he doing with her?"
"That's an insult to all black women!"
You know how you guys do! lol!
Well, let's hope this couple of all couples who are involved in a mixed relationship/marriage can survive any drama or hostility thrown their way, because I'm sure it's coming-from both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment