Discussing social, political and religious issues that affect our community, and our country. The Board Room is more than a blog, it's a movement!



Thursday, September 8, 2011

Farewell To McKinley "Bug " Williams


For those of you who don't know, I'm the biggest Frankie Beverly and Maze fan in the world- the whole WIDE world!!
No, like FOR REAL- for real!!
That's why I was so sad to hear about the passing of one of the founding members of the group.
McKinley Williams or "Uncle June Bug" as my brother and I called him, passed away this week.
I first experienced the Maze experience when I was only 8 years old. My dad would take us to the Southern Heritage Festival here in Birmingham and we would sit out there with all the "old folks" dancing, singing, and pretending to hit the bongos like we were "Uncle June Bug".
I've seen Maze no less than 50 times.......yes, you read correctly, FIFTY! And not one time have I ever left a show disappointed or feeling like I didn't get my money's worth.
But as a true Maze fan, I can honestly say, a Maze concert will never be the same with seeing "Uncle June Bug" on Frankie's right side.
We will miss you McKinley "Bug" Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment